Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase oil pan and waterpump bolts. Is there a web site that has all the sizes and specs for engine bolts, or does anybody know here? it is on a 73 400 sb

·
10,147 Posts
Summit sells bolt kits for oil pan, timing cover, water pump separate or you can get a kit for the whole engine.
You have your choice of bolt head style and either plated or stainless steel.
Any speed shop would have them too.
Whatever pan bolts you get, get the ones with a washer type head that will stay tight and not leak as easily.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 Origonal owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
you could also hit the local boneyard and pull the bolts off an engine sitting in the mud, and probably pay nothing for it.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yeah, stick'em in your toolbox. I always fill up with bolts when I go to the local u pull it yards.

------------------

Dean

Racer#00

67 Camaro (Almost done!)
76 Trans Am Stock Car
68 Dodge D-100 P/U

·
Retired
26,645 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Racer#00:
Yeah, stick'em in your toolbox. I always fill up with bolts when I go to the local u pull it yards.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think stealing them was the recomendation being offered!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
would any chevy sb have the same bolts? or do I have to find a 400 sb if I went the boneyard method?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
bmann2,i just finished w/my 400(406),and externally the're the same as any sb.(for the most part)bolts are cheap,just buy a good set of a.r.p's and youll be happier in the long run,they look good too.

·
Premium Member
2,481 Posts
I've been kicking around the same thing. For $63 bucks seems like you can buy a lot of standard grade 8 bolts from TrueValue. We just need to know all the sizes. If I can find that out, that's the route I'm going. If you find a source of the info let us know.
Good Luck

X

·
0 Posts
aren't they 1/4-20 bolts around the outside and on the ends I think they're 3/8.

Don't go to the speed shops they just tell you to go to true value and look at you like your a moron. I was trying to get the nice sets like ARP or something when I was asking.

------------------
Tony
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>1979 Z-28, 350- Edelbrock Performer RPM Package- TH350
<LI>2000 Gmc Sonoma - 5-speed 4.10 rear
[/list]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts