Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I researched the archives and found that the most recommended weatherstripping earlier this year was "Soffseal".
Has anyone had any good or bad recent experiences with this supplier?
I intend on getting the whole kit for a 68 coupe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Rob,
I'm just a few steps in front of you, I'm installing the complete kit on my '68, got it from www.camarosandclassics.com

I am happy with everything so far. Haven't used any other brands so I can't give you any comparisons. I have noticed the seals are quite thick, I have to basically slam the doors, but I'm thinking it will conform better over time. One other thing, many of the original seals, such as the rear seat window rail and where the door seals terminate, are reinforced with a metal plate or strip integrated in the rubber. The Soffseal replacements do not have this metal backing. Not a big deal as far as I can tell. Also the kit didn't have all the needed sheet metal screws, but nothing the local hardware store can't solve. Take the opportunity to rust-proof the inner doors and grease the window mechanisms.

Fit and finish is nice, I'm very happy with the results so far.

Good luck,
Robert.

------------------
68 Base Coupe, 327/210hp with TH400
99 Silverado

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Theres a new post on this in Body Shop

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr.C: Thanks for the direction.

Lownf4me: The posts in the "Body" section seem very relevant. Looks like others have had the "door slamming" problem as well. I will check out Metro as well.
Thanks for your help.
Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts