Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To whom it may concern, I found a little mistake in your tech data. I don't want to **** anybody off and maybe it is no big deal. I find this web site to be the best Camaro web site on the net. I have gathered some great info here. However, in your rear end tech info you have the code PY listed as a 10 bolt. The code PY is indeed a 12 bolt. I have an all #'s matching, original 69 RS with POP. It has a PY 2:56 rear and it is a 12 bolt. I have verified the numbers with the POP since I recently dropped the rearend to detail and install new 3:73's posi.

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

·
Administrator
2,654 Posts
Thanks, I'm thinking at some point the 2.56 changed from a 10 to a 12 either late in 68 or early in 69.
What build date is your Camaro? Will look into this further.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Al, it looks as if the build date was 01C. It is hard to tell since what looks to be an 0 is under the rivet.
I am going to post the Tag Info at the "Tag Team Area" to understand what it all means.

Thanks

------------------
"All-muscle, all-car, without a tacky piece of gingerbread anywhere."

[This message has been edited by mark69rs (edited 01-26-2003).]

·
Retired
26,950 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jonesy:
Dennis,

If you go to the home page and index of years, then click on 1969, you can get to a rear end code reference. The link is below:

http://camaros.net/years/69/69rearcodes.html
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for the link, I had made it to the '69 page with the links but I guess my browser wasn't full screen and was just off to the right as I didn't see a scroll bar and never saw the rest of the links.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts