Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully a simple question, why is it that when i add a website to my favorives column it will have a picture of its logo for only a few days or so, then it somehow changes to the IE logo? is there a way to get it back,because it makes finding the site alot easier than all those blue E's that are currently there?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
never mind, i googled the problem and determined that it is way too complicated for a guy who types with two fingers to fix

·
Registered
453 Posts
hopefully a simple question, why is it that when i add a website to my favorives column it will have a picture of its logo for only a few days or so, then it somehow changes to the IE logo? is there a way to get it back,because it makes finding the site alot easier than all those blue E's that are currently there?
Yes there is. It really isn't that hard. First they are called icons. They are very small pics. The reason why you lose it is because as you browse the web, the olders files get pushed out if the temp internet folder becomes full or if you delete them. First make a "icon files" folder in your documents folder, so you have a place to save them. Next, when the icon is showing up, search your hard drive for it, Click start, search, for files and folders. Under all or part of the file name, type *.ico This will bring up all the icons on your computer. Click and hold a icon you want to save and drag it to the icon folder you made. Now the icon is saved, and won't get deleted or pushed out. Next go to your favorite and right click, properites. Under web document click change icon, navigate to the icon folder you made, highlight the icon you want to use and click open. Now your favorite will always use that icon. Hope this helps

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes there is. It really isn't that hard. First they are called icons. They are very small pics. The reason why you lose it is because as you browse the web, the olders files get pushed out if the temp internet folder becomes full or if you delete them. First make a "icon files" folder in your documents folder, so you have a place to save them. Next, when the icon is showing up, search your hard drive for it, Click start, search, for files and folders. Under all or part of the file name, type *.ico This will bring up all the icons on your computer. Click and hold a icon you want to save and drag it to the icon folder you made. Now the icon is saved, and won't get deleted or pushed out. Next go to your favorite and right click, properites. Under web document click change icon, navigate to the icon folder you made, highlight the icon you want to use and click open. Now your favorite will always use that icon. Hope this helps
being computer intimidated, i hesitantly tried your method. actually two times.
there are certainly alot of icons there, but none of them match my favorite's icons. why does team camaro's and all my other favorites icons not show up on this search? please help

·
Registered
453 Posts
being computer intimidated, i hesitantly tried your method. actually two times.
there are certainly alot of icons there, but none of them match my favorite's icons. why does team camaro's and all my other favorites icons not show up on this search? please help
Do you have your search set to show hidden and system files? Most likely the reason they are not showing up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
like sleepsinshed said FIREFOX
or Seamonkey
Internet exploder is trouble. Actually anything M$ related is trouble.
IMO and many others

1 - 8 of 8 Posts