1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've seen better color combinations. I've never seen yellow houndstooth with any other color than Daytona Yellow. I guess if the car was built that way, that's the way it should stay(nice or not). Cary

------------------
69 Z/28 R/S : Daytona Yellow, Blk Vinyl Top, X33, DZ302, M21, 4.10 Posi, Dlx interior, 8k tach, console and guages, wood wheel and dash, ZL2 ducted hood, endura bumper.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't think I could live with that! Several
years ago I bought a complete used yellow
houndstooth interior from a guy making a race car out of a '69. I never could get used
to looking at it, even in a yellow car.....but black? yikes
http://ca.geocities.com/b1001_99/index.html

Camero ? That must be that special french export model?

·
Premium Member
3,556 Posts
The Camero spelling was the first clue. Then it's a solid lifter 350 hp. Then there is the convert Jack instructions. The Topper was the almost Famous "Caution Fan" sticker that belongs on a Ford that Classic Industries keeps pushing so they singlehandedly screw up everybodys Camaro just a little bit. I wonder if the Trim Tag matches the paint , interior combo.
Bob, do you still have that Yellow Houndstooth ?

·
Retired
26,692 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yuk! That white stripe really sets the whole thing off doesn't it? The site that's auctioning the Charlies Angels Pace Car thinks their selling a Camero. :lol

------------------
'68 Convertible SS-396
'69 Pace Car 350/4 spd.
'97 SLP - SS LT-1/6 spd.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
When Chevy introduced the orange & yellow interiors in the Communications Newsletter (Feb 69) they stated each was available only with its respective exterior color and black. But they didn't list black on the "Camaro Interior and Exterior Selection Chart" dated January 2, 1969; also the chart shows only yellow houndstooth as being optional. All the chart meant was that the dealer had to add a notation to the order for a non-approved combo that stated it was correct. Many Camaros were ordered for stock and who wanted to bother? Maybe this is why no Z10s with orange have turned up.

Some years ago I bought some parts off a wrecked black coupe with orange and often wondered if there was a black & yellow out there. I like it better than the burnished brown/green standard SS-RS I saw at SC-Indy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sharp car !

[This message has been edited by 67rs327 (edited 11-12-2000).]

·
Registered
236 Posts
clill, I sold the interior a few years ago.
The front seats needed new covers but the
rear seats were nice. The door panels were
in ok shape.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts