Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, its been a long time since Ive posted here, so long that I had to re-register. My wife and I just finished her 69 Camaro. It runs and drives great. Theres only the one problem that I cant seem to solve. The fuel gauge will read empty unless the e-brake pedal is depressed. This happened one night when she hit a really hard bump/pothole that knocked the gauge out. So, to read the darn thing my wife has to either depress the e-brake or pull up on it with her hand. Whats causing this? Im stumped. :confused:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Just throwing out some ideas .... Some wiring run along driver side panel area before going to rear of car. A big bump may cause wiring to shift or move. Look for wires possibly rubbing park brake mechanism or cable, something that may have gotten pinched or crimped. You also may need to lift carpet to track parking brake cable going to underneath car, once again checking for crimp or exposed wire contacting. Disconnect wire from tank sending unit. If you press park brake and get signal on gauge, you are probably shorting out by wire rubbing and grounding somewhere in the park brake mechanism or cable travel path. Sorry to ramble, but like I said, just throwing out some ideas...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts