Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently noticed this weird noise coming from the rear (after starting the car). Sounds like it's from the Fuel pump located under the tank. Is it the fuel pump? is that normal or concerning? What should I do?

It's a new fuel pump post LS swap. Video below .. i hope the sound is clear over the exhaust noise. Sounds like a dirty timing belt (lol don't know how to explain it)

Photo:

Premium Member
It was hard to hear, or it did not sound bad. If you feel it while it's running, can you feel a vibration and if you put pressure on it to move it, like say away from the filter, does the sound change any? If it does, then it is your pump. To me, it did not sound bad. Most externally mounted fuel pumps make noise. Yours actually sounds better than most.

Is the filter being used? It looks like there is port that is not being used. Also, take your video recorder (Phone?) and set it down to recorde back there, then go back to and give it gas/run the accelerator up to see what it sounds like with different RPM's.

Brett.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was hard to hear, or it did not sound bad. If you feel it while it's running, can you feel a vibration and if you put pressure on it to move it, like say away from the filter, does the sound change any? If it does, then it is your pump. To me, it did not sound bad. Most externally mounted fuel pumps make noise. Yours actually sounds better than most.

Is the filter being used? It looks like there is port that is not being used. Also, take your video recorder (Phone?) and set it down to recorde back there, then go back to and give it gas/run the accelerator up to see what it sounds like with different RPM's.

Brett.....
No vibrations while driving. I just hear it on idle. Good idea, ill take that video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
More than likely, if no vibes/sound before swap/addition of pump, and pump beling mounted without rubber pads, then it would be the pump noise, plus being amplified by its mounting.
Nothing in being concerned about.
Turn up the radio ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts