Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I have a 1994 V6 camaro. Here in the past couple weeks I've noticed that when I turn right that I hear a spring like ping noise under my left wheel. At first I thought maybe it was my driver's seat or something...kinda sounds like that spring noise. But...now I noticed that the noise is getting louder and it is coming from the drivers side front wheel area. I have no clue what this could be? A CV joint? Something? I don't know.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Jennifer, I'd have this looked at ASAP, it could be a ball joint or just about anything else in the front end. Start by jacking up the front end (use jack stands!) and pull the suspect wheel at the 12,9,3,6 positions. listen for noise and look for movement. If a ball joint lets go on you while you're on an offramp, or while cornering, you may lose control. (happened to me)
Good luck
John

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be sure to tell my dad this. My dad is basically the only one that works on my car. I just spoke to him and he said he need to take a look at it to be able to tell what it is. I may end up taking a day off work to have him look at it. Thanks for the response. I definitely wouldn't want anything like that going out on me on an off ramp or any place else. Thanks so much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts