Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I hope this hasn't been asked before, and if it has, I'm sorry...

It goes like so... My dad will be driving it (it's an 89), and like when you come to a stop sign/red light, and the car is fully stopped, it will stall out sometimes. This mostly (as in like 99%) happens when the car is completely stopped (happened once before when it was going, yet it was just that once), and when it is hot out. Now, the odd thing is, we've taken it to many mechanics, and replaced all sorts of stuff in the car, yet, it still does the same thing. Now, it's not like it happens EVERY time it stops (it's random), and, usually you can just put it in park and start the car up again, and it'll go, yet, it's still a problem that we'd love to get solved. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
Check the Idle Air Control first, then the sensors second.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have seen this sort of "behavior" when an electric fuel pump was going south -or even a plugged fuel filter could cause some problems like this.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Is this a Manual or Auto trans?

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Make sure the Torque Convertor Lock-up Solenoid is not sticking.
If this happens more when the vehicle is driven longer distances at over 45mph than around town it may be the solenoid.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I think Vintage is on the trail. I've seen the TCC brake pedal switch flake out causing the same issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts