Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a 295 tire (instead of a 275) on a 15x8 Weld wheel on their 67-68 Camaro? I'd get a 10" wheel but it may not fit. I'd like to put a 295 or wider on an 8" wheel, but need a sanity check. Anyone?

Jim

·
Registered
708 Posts
What are the sizes of the front rims and tires? I love your car! I should of bought it when i had the chance. I have Weld Draglites for the back, I just couldn't buy the fronts yet until I lowered the front.

Thanks, Erik

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Erik,

Thanks. I'm glad you didn't get to it first... My Weld Prostars are 15x5 up front, and 15x8 out back. I'm planning to get a new set of rear wheels and mount drag radials for street use, and put a real slick on the existing wheels for track duty. Just wondering if anyone else has a 295 tire on an 8" wheel?

Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
708 Posts
I meant to ask: What size are the tires up front? I have to get my fronts and I am not sure what size to go with up front.

Thanks again, Erik

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Im running 15x8 Welds with 275/50/15's in the back on my 69 and it is all I can fit. In fact......I needed totrim the fender lips and it still rubs a bit on the inner wheel well. But my car is lowered 3" in the back. If you car is stock height you will have quite a bit more room. But I think the 295's will rub big time on the inner wheelwell.

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,785 Posts
285/60/15 SH (SH= short) McCreary's.
11.2" wide x 27.5" tall.
They are mounted on Weld ProStars 15x8 w/ 4.5" bs. I really wouldn't recommend 285's or bigger for the average driver.

They do rub the inner wheel well on hard corners and off camber bumps.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback so far. Seems like the 275's are the norm. My car has CalTrack mono leafs which help prevent tire rubbing.

Anyone else running 15x8 Welds and bigger than a 275 radial?

Jim

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant to ask: What size are the tires up front? I have to get my fronts and I am not sure what size to go with up front.

Thanks again, Erik
Erik,

The front tires are 205/75/15. I will probably replace them with a slightly shorter and narrower tire.

Jim

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I had 295 DRs on 10" wheel on the back of my car for awhile.It is mini tubbed the rubbing issue I had was the front and rear of outer wheel well. After replacing my chrome trim twice went to a 28" tire. Sure would like to put the 29s back on somehow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts