Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question before I start on my build and any answers I will be grateful for.

1. Has anyone use any wire for their welder from e-bay? The wire at my supplier is $35.00 for 10 pounds and I can get the same size wire on e-bay, 2 rolls @ 11 pounds each for the same money and that also includes shipment. I do not know if the wire from e-bay is as good as the wire from my supplier, the wire at my supplier is Hobart I think.

Thank in advance,
John

PS
I would be ordering two different sizes of wire, one for the body and the second for the body cart/jig that I am going to build (.023 & .030).

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I got wire from Harbor Freight when it was on sale and I heard it is pretty good. I am just learning to use my welder. The wire seems to work and it was reasonably priced. I think it was from Italy.

·
Premium Member
5,307 Posts
I use wire from Harbor Freight also. I'm sure I have used other sources in the past as the HF store is relatively new at 3-4 years and I just replaced a welder I bought in the 80's. I can't recall that I could tell the difference.

Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got wire from Harbor Freight when it was on sale and I heard it is pretty good. I am just learning to use my welder. The wire seems to work and it was reasonably priced. I think it was from Italy.

Larry,

Thank you for the info and I will look into that, we just had a HF store open up in our town a few months ago.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use wire from Harbor Freight also. I'm sure I have used other sources in the past as the HF store is relatively new at 3-4 years and I just replaced a welder I bought in the 80's. I can't recall that I could tell the difference.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you for your help and info. We have a new HF store and I will go there and check out their wire.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts