Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I got my 1969 Camero. ( only body and some parts) Going to restore it pretty soon:) The only problem I try to figure out is:
My Vin nr. Can someone help me with this. Everytime I try to do a Vin check it is teling me incorrect Vin nr.

Vin nr: ST69 12437 NOR190028 TP 718 52-52 ( I just put all the numbers down if thats okay)
Soooo since i am a woman, like you all men say ( we can do nothing,) but we can :D Just joking! Please let me know something.
If you can furnish any info on this Vin nr, Please E-mail it to me at [email protected] Reference: Camaro.

Thanks,

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
Marian, the numbers you posted are off your COWL tag or Trim Tag as some call it. The VIN is on top of the dash in front of the driver, you can see it thru the windshield. Post that number and that will give more info. :) Welcome to Team Camaro too

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Marian, Matt has hit the nail on the head. There are other camaro site out there that will also help,...camaros.org., nastyz28.com..etc, however with your particular car most info you gather will come from here. do a search on here for information you need.
oh and welcome aboard! :D

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
You are either going to have the letter "N" for Norwood or "L" for the Los Angeles (Van Nuys) plant, in the middle. It should read, 124377N190028. The Vin # will be different than the Cowl tag number. It should look similar to that number above.

Welcome to Team Camaro! :waving:

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
she posted the cowl tag number which will NOT match the VIN on the dash for the 6 numbers after the N. She needs to post the VIN also now. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you everybody! It helps a lot! Okay, here we go trying to fix my Camaro ( first time ever :) ) Starting to strip the car. I gues i better put a cooler full of beer nex to me, I know I will @#$% a lot :( but afterwards I will enjoy my hotride! I will be back for some more questions. Thanks again!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
she posted the cowl tag number which will NOT match the VIN on the dash for the 6 numbers after the N. She needs to post the VIN also now. :)
For what it's worth, it also may or may not match for the 3rd character, which is always "4" (and meaningless) on the cowl tag, but can be "3" (for an original 6 cylinder car) or "4" (for V8).

I know you just neglected to mention that Jim ;) .

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome.

One thing that I've learned over the years is to take time with the disassembly. I take lots of pictures & either tag or bag everything. Nothing worse than a bunch of boxes full of parts, nuts, bolts, clips, and loads of unidentifiable stuff.

Enjoy your new project.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Welcome.

One thing that I've learned over the years is to take time with the disassembly. I take lots of pictures & either tag or bag everything. Nothing worse than a bunch of boxes full of parts, nuts, bolts, clips, and loads of unidentifiable stuff.

Enjoy your new project.
What he said , espically if you keep getting into that cooler of beer that you said you would have close by:beers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I gues you right, if i keep going in this cooler I will have a crossing between a Camaro and a Miller high life can on wheels ;)

·
Retired
16,005 Posts
marian you have not yet posted your VIN number. Please do. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts