Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I got the EFI and Elec fans dialed in... Time to tear it down and rebuild it.
Harbor freight wheel dollies made it easy to turn her sideways. Just picked at it all day pulling things off

20211113_165352 by F G, on Flickr

20211113_180718 by F G, on Flickr

So sexy

20211113_170006 by F G, on Flickr

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I think he’s going LS :ROFLMAO:

Don

• Haha
Reactions: Just 1 More

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's winter time in the Midwest (Indiana), time for the winter projects. I've never been in to the bottom end of this engine so it's getting a complete rebuild, Bore .030, Brodix heads and -21cc pistons... which is why I really wanted the EFI and Elec fans dialed in before I tore it apart. That way when I put it back in, I should not have tuning or cooling issues.
Swapping out the Muncie M20 and replacing it with a T56. Last winter was all about the suspension and minitubs.
With the engine out, This is also a good time to clean up the wiring, install new carpet and have the rear seat redone to match the Corbeau LG1's. Doing a TMI 1pc headliner as well.

20210907_124125 by F G, on Flickr
20210428_130134 by F G, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,572 Posts
Frank... you're gonna have a busy winter LOL. Hey, are those those new super shallow LED high hats in the garage? I've been thinking of adding some in mine, daisy-chaining the two main lights. We just did two bathrooms and we used those... really amazing.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Do you have all your parts? Did you order them before this shortage? I had hell getting the parts for my build. I had three cancelations on just pistons. They would show in stock and after I ordered, they would cancel saying they were out of stock. You are really going to like the new tranny over the Muncie, believe me.
Brett....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have all your parts? Did you order them before this shortage? I had hell getting the parts for my build. I had three cancelations on just pistons. They would show in stock and after I ordered, they would cancel saying they were out of stock. You are really going to like the new tranny over the Muncie, believe me.
Brett....
Yes, I ordered last spring in anticipation of delays. I had the pistons within a week and the heads took 18 weeks.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Very nice!! Are you planning to use the same TB carb replacement or did you plan on going to sequential EFI? My dad has a 496 in his 71 Chevelle with HP EFI and we are considering adding a crank trigger, L29 distributor/cam sensor, and then converting sequential EFI with individual injectors and coil packs.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very nice!! Are you planning to use the same TB carb replacement or did you plan on going to sequential EFI? My dad has a 496 in his 71 Chevelle with HP EFI and we are considering adding a crank trigger, L29 distributor/cam sensor, and then converting sequential EFI with individual injectors and coil packs.
Staying with the TB EFI since i just installed it and got it pretty well dialed in. Sequential would have been nice and probably what I should have went with but the cost was much more.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Damn this Rabbit Hole...
Not much for progress but, sometimes you have to take a few steps back to move forward.
Gutted the interior in prep for the trans tunnel mod for the T-56, Need to clean up some wiring, Picked up a set of Hotchkis Chassis Max handlebars, and started wiping down the engine bay..
and partaking in a little taste of The Key West Trading Co.. Getting my Pirate on .. Arrrrrrr

20211124_190303 by F G, on Flickr

20211124_190529 by F G, on Flickr

20211124_190920 by F G, on Flickr

20211124_192201 by F G, on Flickr

1 - 19 of 19 Posts