Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Finding parts is becoming a full time job. Talking with Jody @ Jody's trans yesterday, laying out everything I need for the T56 swap and the bellhousing is out of stock everywhere but I was able to find one online, cost me $125 more than it should have :mad:
then the crossmember, and forum member NotWorkng247 had that Holley one in the classifieds so I made a deal with him for that one after confirming with Holley tech it would work for me. (y)
Hopefully Jody can put the rest of it together to complete the package. Trying to go with a Red Roberts shifter and Hyd Clutch package instead of the McCloud if we/Jody can ever get ahold of Red.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Only updates are some more wiring clean up which included finally tracking down the high beam indicator wire and hooking it in to the Dakota Digital box, and it worked.. lol .. Ordered a Dakota Digital dimmer so i'll find a spot for that in the dash somewhere..
Cleaned the cigarette lighter receptacle with the Dremel and mini sanding drum, found a switched hot wire and got that working, now I can use a Garmin GPS instead of my phone.

New oil pan and pump from Moroso, I didn't go cheap on these either.. Drag/Road Race 20420 pan and Billet 22163 pump. From all my measurements and previous oil pan mistakes, i'm 99% that this one will clear the steering.

Mounting and plumbing the Derale P/S cooler has become a frustrating exercise. You would think it would be so simple but, I have to make things difficult. I'm wanting to sandwich it between the A/C condenser and Radiator without it touching or having the possibility of touching either. Waiting on some fittings and tank mounting clamp to get it situated.

enough rambling for the morning.. lol

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Finding parts is becoming a full time job. Talking with Jody @ Jody's trans yesterday, laying out everything I need for the T56 swap and the bellhousing is out of stock everywhere but I was able to find one online, cost me $125 more than it should have :mad:
When I ordered my T56, I got the last Quicktime Bowler had it stock that was SFI rated. They said Quicktime couldn't get the material to make them due to supply chain issues. That was early October.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
When I ordered my T56, I got the last Quicktime Bowler had it stock that was SFI rated. They said Quicktime couldn't get the material to make them due to supply chain issues. That was early October.
Speedway had 3 in stock yesterday via Amazon, now they are showing 2 :cool:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
That ScatterShield is work of art. A bit of high speed cnc machining going on there. Beautiful...!!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Got some BAD NEWS from the engine shop. Spun the #5 cam bearing, spun in the block and was attached to the cam when they pulled the cam out. Only a matter of time before that was a big issue driving. He's going to try to line bore the #5 cam journal and go with an oversized cam bearing. If not, I'll be shopping for a new block

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Good time to go with an aluminum block, shave some weight off the front end.. let me call Dart and Brodix and see what they got :eek: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ugh... sorry to hear that man. I'm sure that they will be able to fix it with oversized bearings. However, if you need a new block, you might as well go with the ZZ632. :cool:
He's trying to fix it with a align bore that one journal and a Dura-Bond oversize bearing.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
A little bling showed up. These are much more beefier than I had expected. Definitely not a cheap flimsy part with what appears to be excellent quality and finish. thanks to MCBPARTS.com, Kim and Matt are the best

20220113_124918 by F G, on Flickr

·
Registered
140 Posts
Really like the sill plates! Keep up the posts.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts