Team Camaro Tech banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Stopped by the engine shop yesterday, they were able to save my block, so that's good news.. however, my Harland Sharp rocker arms feel gritty and worn in the trunnions. Either need to send them back for rebuild or buy a different set. Giving Bullet cams a shot this go round for the cam shaft.

·
Premium Member
5,209 Posts
Stopped by the engine shop yesterday, they were able to save my block, so that's good news.. however, my Harland Sharp rocker arms feel gritty and worn in the trunnions. Either need to send them back for rebuild or buy a different set. Giving Bullet cams a shot this go round for the cam shaft.
If they are structurally sound I would rebuild the rockers. You could probably get a kit but if you let them do it it should have warranty.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Since the Harland Sharps are in for rebuild, I picked up a set of COMP Cams 1820-16 - COMP Cams Ultra Pro Magnum XD Roller Rocker Arms. It's what my engine builder is recommending so might as well.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Just like Christmas with all those parts coming in. How is that bottle of Bourbon doing? Must be finished that by now?
Just like Christmas with all those parts coming in. How is that bottle of Bourbon doing? Must be finished that by now?
That bottle is long gone... lol

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,827 Posts
Nope.. Just a few gadgets .. thought about elec windows but then i'd lose the vintage feel of winding those window cranks.. lol
I will usually let well-behaved kids sit in the car at shows for pix and more than a few have asked me what the window cranks are for LOL.

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400 Moser 9” DSE mini tubs
789 Posts
I will usually let well-behaved kids sit in the car at shows for pix and more than a few have asked me what the window cranks are for LOL.
That’s really cool DaddyO….😁
I’d fall over dead if some young kid said “ Hey that’s groovy “
I guess this stuff comes with age?
Like knowing where the gas fill is on a 57 Chevy?
I remember pumping gas for men that never left the house without a hat, most likely a fedora.
Wasn’t it Merle that said
Back when coke was still cola, and a joint was a bad place to be.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts