Team Camaro Tech banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Camaro LS3 TH400 Moser 9” DSE mini tubs
789 Posts
I am following because I like the mods you’ve done 👍
I’m also thankful you take the time to post this…
It might be something for me to look into with my
Sacrilegious Moser 9 implant?
just waiting on parts …..😐

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Frank... take lots of pix and explain that eBrake integration. I'm sure many of us will be interested in this.
Since i have 2015 Camaro rear brakes complete with in rotor e-brakes, I ordered the factory rear e-brake cable assembly for a 2015 Camaro and will see if I can incorporate it in the system. I was surprised to see the OEM GM duel cable kit for under $30
Eyewear Twig Fashion accessory Automotive exterior Metal

Eyewear Gesture Bicycle part Twig Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I wanted to keep the 12 bolt ( 1967 open 3.08 with the original attached bar ), and it’s in the shop.
but the cost of renewal, plus ultimate strength vs this Moser with 35 spline center section, made that choice easier. It’s not like it can’t be changed.
The lead times for some stuff is ….well crazy.
Not to mention questionable as far as what’s made out of Chinesium.
Im just providing my son a platform that will not need to be beefed up ……in the rear end anyway.
He talks about turbo, pro charge stuff and giggle gas, so who knows 🤷

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I wanted to keep the 12 bolt ( 1967 open 3.08 with the original attached bar ), and it’s in the shop.
but the cost of renewal, plus ultimate strength vs this Moser with 35 spline center section, made that choice easier. It’s not like it can’t be changed.
The lead times for some stuff is ….well crazy.
Not to mention questionable as far as what’s made out of Chinesium.
Im just providing my son a platform that will not need to be beefed up ……in the rear end anyway.
He talks about turbo, pro charge stuff and giggle gas, so who knows 🤷
I'm fortunate that Moser is a little more than an hour from me. I dropped my 12 bolt off to them and they narrowed it, put on the ford big bearing ends, beefy axles, Eaton posi.. I can't imagine I'll ever have enough traction to hurt this thing.
Resized_20201229_191310 by F G, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Picked the engine up today.. They ran it on the dyno yesterday and today and got it all warmed up and a little broke in. Didn't push it hard and didn't make a lot of pulls, just enough to get a feel for it and run the break-in oil through it a few times. Drained the oil, cut open the filter and all was good.. Since it wasn't using the carb that'll be on it in the car, I didn't see a reason to beat on it just to hit a number. We could have played with jetting and timing but why? As it sits, 581hp @ 5700rpm 580trq @ 4600 rpm. Should be enough to spin a tire

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Trans crossmember wasn't quite set back enough and had a few clearance issues that had to be addressed. Nothing a grinder, sawzall and a welder couldn't fix

This is the original unmodified crossmember, the "BEFORE"

20220430_161341 by F G, on Flickr

And the "AFTER"

20220430_202738 by F G, on Flickr

20220430_202750 by F G, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Now for the "low's"
Got a little issue with the oil pan .. I really thought I had this all measured out and it would work.. i'm looking for suggestions on how to keep the pan as is, steering modifications? Longer Idler and pittman? Would the Tru Turn help? or?

20220430_150326 by F G, on Flickr

20220430_150234 by F G, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Man! You made it look so easy! One pic...It was over the engine bay, ready to go in. The next pic......IN! That was easy! Nice setup. Are you doing EFI?
Brett 🚀 🚀 🚀

Reactions: srode

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Man! You made it look so easy! One pic...It was over the engine bay, ready to go in. The next pic......IN! That was easy! Nice setup. Are you doing EFI?
Brett 🚀 🚀 🚀
Yes, I had the Stealth Term X dialed in before I tore everything apart so hopefully it'll be an easy fire up and Andrew can do some simple tune adjustments.

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
Looks like you put your ECU inside? That is what I'm getting ready to do with my HP. Pull all the wiring and re-rout it inside for my new 454.
Brett 🚀 🚀 🚀

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I'm a little pissed.. I spoke to Moroso this morning about the steering issue and the tech guy knew immediately that I had the wrong pan and needed a 20416 instead of the 20420 that one of their tech guys told me would work when I bought it. So, I got bad info from Moroso to begin with. This tech guy knew right off and was very sharp explaining it. So looks like a pan swap before I can go any further :mad:

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
…..This guy knew right off and was very sharp explaining it. :mad:
That was my experience with a couple of things.
It seemed like trustworthy info….until it wasn’t
We got one thing in common for certain….misinformation is the only thing slowing us down.
Well it sounds better when you say it that way!
We know your gonna get there, just a delay in the progress 👍

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
FYI the true turn steering I am putting on my car did not clear the Morroso oil pan that cleared the stock steering drag link. The Tru Turn ended up rearward and hit the pan. I went to a 21047 pan that is shorter front to back in the sump area but is deeper in the forward sump
and has a kick out. It required a notch in the cross member and a notch in the front of the pan to clear the sway bar. The old pan was 10 1/4" from the back of the pan to the front. The new one is 9"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 97 Posts