245 Posts
Do you want a 6cyl car for 6500 without a motor or trans? If that's
what I wanted I offer 2500 for it. I am cheap. If I got turned down,
which is probably what you will get, I would keep shopping,,,,but
thats just me...cheap

·
Registered
83 Posts
How about some information on the frame, floors and trunk area? IMHO the body looks good for a rolling chassis, but my concerns are the forementioned areas. Seems like a pretty good deal though if the car is as solid as it was presented. Just my .02.

Rich

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Car seems pretty clean and some original parts like interior don't show signs of major abuse. The "Slapper Bars" and aftermarket tach & gauges point to some possible bashing in the past. Hard to tell from pics and discription.
I would E-mail with questions about engine and trans mounts used ect. to see how much work and parts are needed to install your drivetrain of choice. Included parts could help make or break the deal.
Add up the total cost of buying it, getting it home, tax/license/reg., parts to finally drive it - and see if they fall within your budget. I'd say it would be in the 10~12K min. range before this car ever hits the streets again. I've seen some nicer stock Camaros for that price out here.

Unless you know someone locally to eyeball the car & close the deal, a trucker friend to hall it home, happen to have an engine/trans (with all the little necessary parts to install) and a couple months vacation to burn to reassemble it so you can drive it This Year (sounds like that is your goal!) - I would keep looking.

My .02

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
Not enough pictures that actually show where rust could be. Looks like alot of bondo to me. Cant even see where the rear quarter meets the rocker at the door opening. Looks like a lot of mud. I'd like to see the inside of the trunk and wheel wells also the floor pans. If you have to replace those, you are looking at major dollars.
:eek:
Move on

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again.Yeah im not really even considering the car.Just wanted to see what yuo all thought.The prices seem to go up by the day on these cars.Ill find one i just need to settle down.The only thing that turned my head was that it was set up for big block and a 4 speed.I think im gonna get a california car unless i can find a fully restored one

·
Registered
181 Posts
This car has been for sale for awhile. I called about it 5 months ago. I passed do to the ten bolt and some other up grades that it needed. The car would be a solid $4500-$5000 rolling chassis. Since then I found a clean 68 camaro 350 4spd car for $6700.

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts