Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small block 350 that is a relatively stock 1967. I would like to get a radiator that will work well but that also looks stock; it doesn't have to have all the Harrison tages. Will this one work well? http://www.rickscamaros.com/camaro-radiator-small-block-for-cars-with-manual-transmission-and-air-conditioning-1967-1968-big-block-for-cars-with-manual-transmission-u-s-radiator-1969.html

Is there an aluminum one that will look like an original----maybe after being painted? Will a painted aluminum radiator still perform well?

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
That radiator will be fine. Go for it.

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
Eastwood sells a radiator paint that is pretty good. It doesn't restrict the heat and I had a buddy of mine use it on his aluminum radiator and he really likes how it came out. Also Classic Industries is running a 20% off sale till tomorrow on everything.

hope it helps.

Brandan-

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car has a manual transmission. So that radiator is the correct one. If I went with an aluminum radiator, which one looks closest to an original?

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
My car has a manual transmission. So that radiator is the correct one. If I went with an aluminum radiator, which one looks closest to an original?
I just swapped out a 15 year old 4 row, 23" stock radiator for an aluminum two row , wide tube radiator from Entrophy radiator, one of your sponsors. It was a natural finish and used stock shroud. My car is a manual trans also. Do a search here on this site and you should find my photos. Pricey but its made in USA.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it comes down to price and performance. If the 3 row 23" stock radiator will do the job, why should I pay nearly twice the price for an aluminum one?

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts