Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for me to show my ignorance again. I just read a post that mentioned using coil-over shocks to stiffen up a monoleaf readend. What are those? What's a good brand, where's the best place to get them?
I think I need some help back there in my 68 conv. When there's a couple people in the back seat it bottoms out on about any pothole and if I make a right turn on wet pavement I've had it wheel hop like crazy. Will those shocks help that kind of problem?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Think of a shock and a coil spring combined into one unit with the shock in the center, the spring wrapped around, sharing common mounting surfaces on either side.

They would add more "spring" in the back but I would be concerned about fit as the shocks today are pretty close to the inner fenders. I assume you have a 67 since you are talking monoleafs. Wheel hop was bad on 67s mainly due to both shocks being on the front of the axle. 68's and later went to staggered shocks as well as multileafs.

For the ride situation, I think I would just buy new springs. No suggestions for the wheel hop.

------------------
Mark M.
Red 67 Convertible
Red Deluxe Interior
383/Tremec 5 Speed
4 Wheel Disk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts