Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 wires left right behind the radio area. I'm guessing one of these is for an ash tray light? No clue what the other is. My car's harness was butchered when I got it. This is a brand new AAW factory fit harness. (68 with console gauges)

Thanks for any help with this.

·
14,290 Posts
The AAW instruction tell you exactly what the wires are. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
The AAW instruction tell you exactly what the wires are. :thumbsup:
Think that's just for the AAW Classic Update harness, at least the complete Factory Fit set I bought to rewire my car didn't come with instructions anyway.
Have to get the factory wiring diagrams to be sure, but Kevin's reply sounds correct.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Orange is definitely the lighter - distinctive plug and the right color. Unfortunately I have a '67 so can't swear it's identical but the original harness had a yellow wire with that connector for the accessory switched power lead to the radio and I believe AAW tries to keep colors identical to original on the Factory Fit harness (not so much on the Classic Update).

·
Registered
217 Posts
Then if that is the case AAW is not accurate. The yellow is for the radio. That orange is for the lighter and the clock would be an orange wire coming from the fuse box on an accessory wire plugged into it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts