Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple loose wires I am trying to trace down. Wondering if anyone knows what they go to. Looks as though they come out of the firewall just above the fuse block. One is green and the other brown. In the cabin they look as though they may tie into the steering column loom, but cant tell for sure. In the engine bay they are routed under the driver side fender and extend to the radiator core support. (terminate there to nothing). They look original to the car and so does the grommet they go through on the fire wall. Any thoughts? (All lights and front power accessories on the car work). Horns are not connected and there is no horn relay on the radiator support. Could that be it?

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
My 69 horn relay has green, brown, and black wires with push on terminal connectors. Green and brown are the same size, black is smaller diameter. It looks like you are correct regarding those wires. Cheers, Fred

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Hum - Assuming you are talking about a 69 Z11 so sounds like Cowl Induction. Page 485 of the 69 AIM ZL2

Is it over the bulkhead connector right hand side looking at firewall and the grommet is next to your vacuum lines for your RS headlights?

If so then it should be Pink and Tan I think according to the diagram. - Mine is looking kind of red and yellow brown by now with age. Both should route up firewall over wiper then to throttle switch then back up to the cowl gutter and over to the firewall mounted relay.

Post a couple pictures of what you have for confirmation.

Black to horn relay from the bulkhead connector would be your horn button lead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts