Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A GUY I KNOW WHO USES EBAY WEEKLY JUST HAD THIS TO HAPPEN ,,,,
HE CHECKED HIS FOR SALE PAGE ON EBAY TO FIND THAT HE HAD BOATS CAMPERS BIKES CARS AND SEVERAL OTHER ITEMS UNDER HIS NAME , ALL OF IT CHARGED TO HIS EBAY ACCOUNT ,, THE SCAMMERS GOT HIS PASSWORD AND LISTED A BUNCH OF CRAP !!!! TOOK HIM SEVERAL DAYS TO GET EBAY TO FIX IT !!!!
CAN'T THEY CATCH THESE IDIOT'S ???

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Well - first "they" are going to teach "them" to turn off their CAPS LOCK, then how to read and put their post here - http://www.camaros.net/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=008068 - :D

Lastly "they" are going to go away when people start to read the info e-Bay sent "them" and quit replying to stupid e-mails sent to "them" by others...

learn this new credo - If it sounds to wierd to be true (read - we, a giant company, "Lost" all your important account info so you must forward it over an unsecure network NOW!...) - it is.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Vintage is right. I mean, c'mon....I got a 'letter from e-bay' in my e-mail the other day that wanted my social security number, checking account number, my mother's maiden name, and so much other stuff it was ridiculous. Who in their right mind would even think about replying to something like this???. Well your friend must have. Not picking on him, but if you are going to risk your identity, cash, reputation, and other items on-line, then you should educate yourself about security. Understanding security and the way these things happen probably would have prevented your friend's problem. Red flags should have been going up all over the place when he got that e-mail. .... Read up, there is no lack of documentation on the web.

There is no way to get rid of scammers. As companies change their security strategies, scammers change their mode of operation...it's a vicious cycle.

So really then the question is "What am I going to do about these scammers?" and your answer should be....

Be aware, and educate yourself.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
This is the second time I thought of this in the last couple a days with respect to dealing out punishment!!

Do what the guy was going to do in "Pulp Fiction" when he got through letting the guy outta the box under the gun shop!!

What was it?? Didn't he call his Buddies to tell them to come over and then he said something about "skinning alive" and "bet you are gonna wish you were dead"????

pdq67

1 - 4 of 4 Posts