Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some American Racing TT II's 17x7 up front with a 235/45/17 and 17x8 275/40/17 in back. What backspacing do i need to be safe?? thanks

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Before you buy those Americans, you should check out Mooneye's "Cast Smothie" they make them in 17", and there is a cool looking yellow 69 camaro on their web page with these wheels. They look similar to the torque thrust, but they are a little different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
4 1/2 will work well with wide profile tires. You can go all the way to 4 7/8 with a low profile tire that doesn't extend past the bead. I have a set of 4 7/8 backspaced 8x15 inch Centerlines that I run on my 68 camaro at the track with a fairly wide profile 28x10x15 tire and they only rub the inside when I turn real hard or put the car in a bind. If you have a stiff suspension with a sway bar you will get less sway and most likely won't have a rubbing problem if you go with 4 3/4 or 4 7/8.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Mark -

I checked out the Mooneye Smoothie wheels - very cool! They are great looking wheels and the '69 looks awesome with them.

However, they want both your left and right nut for those things! $1200 for wheels alone is just a little too much for even my budget. (I popped for The American TT II's and I'm still getting grief from the wife!)

------------------
Scott
'69 400SB, Richmond 5-speed; '99 HD Road King Classic
www.geocities.com/sdenning1

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 15X10 Crager SS on my 73 Camaro and noticed that the bolt from the rear shock is rubbing against the rim. Any suggestions here?

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts