Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing some searches it looks like the Hooker 2205-1HKR may fit. From what I see the correct engine stands are very important. What headers do you have that fit?

I know Lemons fit , but they are too much $$$ for me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
none?? lemons does but they are high..
heddman fits good, ive used them before!!

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
68687 is what we run..5 to 6 bills for them if i remember right?

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Hooker Comps 2457 are suppose to fit based on what I read here. I got mine but haven't put them on yet to confirm. Lemons are suppose to fit (or better fit for that money!) but I recently helped another TC member do a fit on his BBC and he had to slightly ding them due to grease zerk interference from idler arm and outer tie rod. Something about taking a hammer to a $1200 pair of headers...A good thread...
http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=176649

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
66197 is the full length coated header..still have to ding it a bit for the plug?
68687 is the shorty headers..rack and pinion steering..(sorry thats what we use fo r.n.p)

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have Hedman long tubes on my 67 BB and they fit reasonably well. Close to steering box and with factory A arms they will be very, very close on the pass side if not touch. My Global West stuff fits with tons of clearance. They seem to sit off the ground pretty well. I like them and had them Jet Hot coated when I did my rebuild only becasue I have heard so many horror stories. I did not change my frame mounts or anything since I had a good thing going. I would have liked Super Comps, but since these were working...

No dings for plugs, no idea what the p/n is but I can check and see if its on the tab.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hate to admit it but I have the cheap FlowTech headers 1 7/8" 11132 part number. They are 162.00 for the pair, but they fit VERY good on passenger side, and if you have power steering, you have to ding it in the usual spot, I sanded mine down, and painted them with VHT header paint, and it started flaking off in about a month... I would spend the extra or buy Hooker 2457, install them, ding them, and then send them out to Jet Hot... I had those before and they fit excellent... Still dinged them though...

With the Flowtech's and Hooker Competition headers... they are VERY easy to access spark plugs.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Put my new 454 in my 69 in a few weeks ago with Dart Pro 1's .300 raised exhaust ports and 2" Hooker Super Comps fit perfect, I did'nt need to
"adjust"them at all, great fit, great header.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I also have the Dart Pro 1s but with the regular Hooker Comps not the supers and they fit but its tight especially with power steering. I ground the mounts on the PS box down and put washers on the drivers side motor mounts for clearance but now the headers touch the frame on the passenger side. I will prob just let them naturally dent. I also had to shorten a spark plug socket to get the number 3 spark plug torqued down. They headers arent meant for angle plug heads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hav a set of hookers 2457hkr & tried hedman 63618 neither will clear the p/s gearbox with a 502, plus the hookers won't clear the bottom head bolts. The motor mounts are 2-1/4" to centre of bolt hole and the drivers side stand is 1-1/2" to center of bolt hole and passenger side is 1-3/4" to centre of bolt hole. Are there any out there that will fit :(

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I have Hooker 2457's on my 461 with Brodix Race Rite cylinder heads and ARP Head bolts. The flanges will NOT clear the head bolts and will need to be modified. I added a 1/4 inch spacer between the block and the motor mount on the drivers side to give me about 1/8'' clearance between the #5 primary tube and the power steering box. This is my experience with my combination. I am also running a Tremec TKO 600 with the correct offset big block cross member and frame mounts. Other types of cylinder heads may give you better or worse clearance. I ground the flanges to clear the head bolts and mocked up the headers to guarantee fitment. I then had them Jet Hot coated locally. Long story short, I got them to fit without denting any tubes. All modifications were undetectable once the headers were coated.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hooker makes 5 different sets of headers for 67-69 big block Camaros. 2457-1HKR 2" Hooker Competition Headers, 2401-1HKR 2 1/4 Super Comps, 2205-1HKR 2" Super Comps, 2111-1HKR 1 7/8 Super Comps, 2285-1HKR 2 1/8 Super Comps. Patriot H8062-1 2" Silver ceramic coated Doug's D313 1 3/4" Silver ceramic coated Doug's D320 2" Silver ceramic coated Doug's D319 2 1/8 Silver ceramic coated Hedman HED-66001 2" Silver ceramic coated. As with all the Headers the Manufacturer states that they fit just as the car came from the factory.

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
I hav a set of hookers 2457hkr & tried hedman 63618 neither will clear the p/s gearbox with a 502, plus the hookers won't clear the bottom head bolts. The motor mounts are 2-1/4" to centre of bolt hole and the drivers side stand is 1-1/2" to center of bolt hole and passenger side is 1-3/4" to centre of bolt hole. Are there any out there that will fit :(
I have a 572 and went with Lemon's - 2-1/8" tubes with 3-1/2" collector. They are some cash but worth every penny. I did my mock-up and had plenty of clearance everywhere. I do believe that if you were to buy one of the leading brands, fit them, dent them and send them out to Jet-Hot or another ceramic coater - you would be not too far off of the Lemon's price without wasting your time to fit them. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Doug's fit well as long as you aren't planning on hooking up the back drive linkage. I have them on my 69.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I have Flowmaster SS coated headers on my BBC/68 combo and it fits well!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts