Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a couple of books for my 68 to my library. I already have the GM Chassis Service and Overhaul manuals. I'm thinking about an Assembly Manual and a Body By Fischer Service Manual and maybe a Wiring Diagram Manaul. Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get these? I'm thinking about getting them from D&R. Anybody have there's?
Also I see they have the Assembly manual in either bound or loose leaf. Any recommendation on that?
The main reason I ask this is that I got an assembly manual from a place in Ga when I first got my car and it was a xeroxed copy that was so bad I couldnt' read it at all and I don't want that again.
P.S. when I called them up about it he said send it back I'll refund your money. I did, he didn't. Won't do business at that junction again.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The body by Fisher manual is definatley worth the money......it also has the wiring schematics in it and since they are not copy's, they are legible........as for the assembly manual, I have the assembly manual that is bounded.....the quality could be a little better but it is nice to have the pages all together......all the suppliers probably get the books from the same source...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I like the bound manuals better but they are all hard to read. The fisher body manual is sort of helpful but a lot of it is pretty much no use at all. The assy manual is a must for a resto. Avoid the C/D manual set as it is very hard to use and not worth the money at half the price. Avoid Hooper's books as they are absolutely full of incorrect cars as photo examples. Jerry MacNiesh has some great references for correct parts/numbers/pictures on the factory HP cars without any useless info and very easy to use. Wiring diagrams may be the Haynes service manual but I realy never need them. It is almost always the dreaded "twist and black tape" wiring repairs or just plain old bad ground/connections. Hope this helps.

-Mark.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts