Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be buying a new trans and stall convtr. this winter and wanted to see what brands everyone is using. TCI, TSI, B&M etc. I have a stock (maybe a little more than stock) 396. Car runs 13.70 with no traction at 102mph with a junk turbo 350. I will be going to a posi this winter also. Anyway I want to replace my trans with another turbo 350. So please let me know if you have a turbo350 and what brand and how you like it. Also what is a good stall to go with? 3000? 2800? If I buy a 3000stall will it stall less than 3000 or a little more? I only drive the car on weekends and I usually go to the strip about 10 times a year.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've heard any converter will stall higher behind a BB. If you have a mild cam, I wouldn't go any more than 2800.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to match your converter to your cam and gear ratio. My advice would be to call TCI and give them your cam duration @ .050 lift and your gear ratio and they will suggest a conv. The wrong one will make your car go SLOWER. Also run a trans cooler-the trans will run hotter with a higher stall--hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts