Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a *block, it came out of a 91 suburban. I want to know what block it would be vortec or whatever. But the injectors went bad so instead of replacing them I just junked the whole system and put a performer intake on it and 600 cfm carb, of course I lost power, just want to know what cam would be good to help, the heads and every thing els is all stock other then being port polished, and shorty headers. 'engines currently in a 89 camaro' and another thing I have the 305 block out of the Camaro can I put the roller lifter assembly in the block into the 350? So I can use a roller cam?! My goal is a mildly rougher idle and faster throttle response. So what cam and what springs could I use?*

·
Registered
143 Posts
A good cam for the 305 and stock heads would be the comp 252 HE or the Isky 256 super cam and you could probably get by with the stock springs. Both cam's would have a nice smooth idle and tons of low and mid range. If you overcam a 305 it will be a real dog.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.