Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
There is a real clean 69 for sale out here(ridgecrest CALI), guy wants 17K? I believe. I dont think its worth that much but It is worth around 12.5 or so. Looks like it gets driven on occasion. didnt find any BAD rust. Buckets console car. I think its a coupe with a 350 that use to be a 307. didnt look deeper than that.....
:D

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Doug, I will keep my eye open for you. Once in awhile in my area something pretty good comes up for a good buy. I think the guys on the site will love to help make sure your next car is legit, Mike.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Well.........you surprised me, Doug. I didn't expect you to be back on the hunt so soon.....;) I'm happy for you that you're able to move forward so quickly. My only advice is to see it in person.....no matter where it is in the country. If I had spent $400 on a plane ticket to CA last Nov. I wouldn't have lost $3,000 on the one I just sold. If at all possible, have someone on here look at it for you first. I am available if you, or anyone, finds anything in my area......:thumbsup:

Happy hunting, my friend.....:hurray:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Mitch, so you did finally sell your yellow '67? I was interesed but I'd rather spend more $$ up front and not have to restore...there are a few first gens on Craigslist in the twin cities area, but prices are really high, almost all over 20K, maybe because it's spring?

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Mitch, so you did finally sell your yellow '67? I was interesed but I'd rather spend more $$ up front and not have to restore...there are a few first gens on Craigslist in the twin cities area, but prices are really high, almost all over 20K, maybe because it's spring?
Hey Terry, yeah I sold the yellow one and bought a white one. There's no end to this addiction, is there...:noway:

I'm sure spring fever is going to run the prices up for the next few months and Doug is up against that too...:( Maybe you 2 can get together on a "group" purchase...:D I just joined the Northstar Camaro Club, here in the cities. I plan to be actively pursuing local parts for my new one and may come across a decent car in the next few months. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for the both of you. I'm pretty much done with eBays tolerance of deceptive descriptions and complete lack of support for the injured party. I will need to see parts in person, or get them on here from someone I feel I can trust from now on.
I'm still fighting to get a $1,000 deposit back from the first lier. I found out he resold the car to the next highest bidder for $100 less than I bid before I even completed my 10 hour drive home and told me for 3 weeks he didn't have any solid leads on it....:mad: Ebay would rather let him keep my money with his 8 online transactions in 2 1/2 years over my 230+ because he threatened to cancel his participation if he lost....:rolleyes:
Oh well, such is eBay life....:sad: Enough of hijacking Doug's thread.....lets find him a car.....:hurray:

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Doug, did you look at that 67 today?

Ok guys, what can i get for 20000.00? Looking for a 67 68 or 69. Doesn't matter. I just want a nice car. Please only cars that are proper.;) Let me know. Thanks. Doug

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have nice Butternut Yellow 68 with original motor and trans in the classiifeds for sale. I am going to keep the 383 thats in but I would sell everything else for $20,000 including a 12 bolt.

Erik Beckett
614-352-4502

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Doug, did you look at that 67 today?

Buck, yes i did and the car was VERY nice!:D It has some pretty nice options as well. The car needed some small detail work, but thats ok. Does 22000.00 sound bad for a car thats super nice with a new gm crate motor, factory m21 trans, 12 bolt and all original deluxe interior with working factory tach and console gauges. The car had a round stick hurst shifter in it. It also had the 2 piece speedometer cable with reducer inline. Not sure if some of this stuff is stock, but everything besides the paint which is new shows like it actually has 24000 miles! What you think?

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Remember to be careful if you buy one with wings, I hear people are cuttin' themselves.

hehe....

That 69 out here is still for sale Doug. I figure 15K or less would buy it. let me know and Ill go give it a good look.

·
Premium Member
2,348 Posts
Buck, yes i did and the car was VERY nice!:D It has some pretty nice options as well. The car needed some small detail work, but thats ok. Does 22000.00 sound bad for a car thats super nice with a new gm crate motor, factory m21 trans, 12 bolt and all original deluxe interior with working factory tach and console gauges. The car had a round stick hurst shifter in it. It also had the 2 piece speedometer cable with reducer inline. Not sure if some of this stuff is stock, but everything besides the paint which is new shows like it actually has 24000 miles! What you think?
Sounds NICE Doug...:thumbsup: Never hurts to offer him the 20k and see what he says....:yes: It would be way cool if you joined the "wing window crew"....:hurray:

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
I think Doug can handle wings... There are a select few on TC that can't, but I won't mention names... ok RAD... :)
Remember to be careful if you buy one with wings, I hear people are cuttin' themselves.

hehe....

That 69 out here is still for sale Doug. I figure 15K or less would buy it. let me know and Ill go give it a good look.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts