Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my car back from getting painted, it is a 68 convertible and I painted it Dodge intense blue pearl. It turned out real nice, the question I have for all of you out there in Camaro land is, what color interior would you vote for? I have been thinking an off white but would love to hear what some you have seen and liked. I'm not trying to keep it original so any color is fair game. Thanks for any comments.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Black deluxe........

------------------
67 Camaro SS Conv.
70 Challenger R/T Conv.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would do it in 69 White. That white is very bright compared to the much duller 68 white. I would do the carpet in dark blue along with the console and any exposed metal dash areas. If you have a deluxe interior already, you might want to consider black and white houndstooth.

Jim,

I have seen white interiors have other colors besides black as their carpet color. For instance, I saw a Garnet Red exterior car with white interior and red carpet and red console. Headliner was white. Very nice!!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Since it is a ragtop....I would vote for white.

------------------
Mark M.
Red 67 Convertible
Red Deluxe Interior
383/Tremec 5 Speed
4 Wheel Disk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Arctic White deluxe with that blue!!!

------------------
67 Camaro LS6 454/TH400/12bolt 3.73
1989 TransAm 5.7L WS6 W/all the options

www.geocities.com/akfourme/

·
Registered
144 Posts
White works! Out here in the desert any LIGHT color is preferable in a convertible. Just a thought though...since you're not doing the "original" thing, saddle/tan/camel looks real good to me with dark blue. The downside is...there IS no tan (what's Parchment?) so you'd have to go with a full custom or dye the appropriate pieces.

Whatever you do, sounds like a beautiful car!

------------------
'69 Garnet Red Convertible, Ivory over black, 350 w/turbo 400

·
Registered
715 Posts
White houndstooth, makes a difference and a statement.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth

D

·
0 Posts
ok, his car is a 68. Parchment houndstooth is what is right for 68's so will 69 white houndstooth fit? Is there a difference in front or rear seats (ie headrests) for those years?

·
Registered
140 Posts
The complete front buckets will interchange between 67-69. I know because one of my 67s has black standard buckets from a 69 -- the seat tracks are the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know the other CAMARO owners might not
agree, but I would go with a med. or
light grey interior.Cloth not vinyl or
leather. My kid brother owns a 67 Impala
convertable, he has owned it for 8 plus
years. He put this really nice cloth interior in, it can be cleaned with thinner.
It still looks as new as it did over 8 yrs
ago. Also instead of going complete white,
black, or grey ,you could accent some parts
of the interior with the color of the car.
GOOD LUCK

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I think white "Deluxe" interiors with matched white Z/28 or SS stripes in the body would look really nice. Maybe "ragtopman" or anyone can tell you if Deluxe door panels fit standard doors.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts