Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals) My car is soooo close to going to the paint booth. Only a few minor questions that my painter asked me and I need to get back to him ASAP!!

1. What color should the dash be? Should it be body color or satin black?? Mind you I'm not going with an original color. I going for a Corvette Orange color.

2. Same thing with the part over the top of the door and the rears too.

I plan to install black carpet and my dash pad will be black along with my center console and my speedo/tach pod. My seats will be a tanish color if that helps.

I need to get back to him in a day or two so if anyone has any opinions I'm open to them!

·
Registered
581 Posts
My vote is for satin black on the dash etc. Doesnt look gaudy and you wont get sick of it. My. .02 cents.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Black.

Another color would most likely reflect too brightly in the windshield and bug the hell out of you while driving. A black dash pad will still reflect, but not as boldly as a lighter color. Hence the reason the dash top was painted with a subdued black finish.
Ok that makes sense :thumbsup: But what about the rest of the dash? The part below the dash pad? Should I paint that satin black too or will this be ok with the body color? And I guess I should paint the top of the doors and the rear the same as whatever the dash color is?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok so I had it painted satin black..how's this look??

this is the upper dash

and the rest of the dash..

tell me what you guys think! Does the lower dash look ok or is it a lil dull??

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking maybe the lower dash should be a lil shinier? Maybe it will look better after all the accesories are installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts