Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what I could get for $10,000- $12,000. I would prefer a driver or one with little work needed to be done because I am not skilled in car mechanics. I want a '68 but am new to the Camaro scene. Any input would be appreciated. Jason

·
Registered
496 Posts
I picked up a 69 coupe for $8000 that was in good shape. It needed paint but had a lot of new parts on it. If you look and are patient you can find what your looking for.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You should be able to get a very nice car for $10-12k. You can start by searching the autotrader online. You can search your region
or the whole country--to get an idea what's available. Spend some time going out to look at the cars and then you'll know what's a decent deal and what's garbage. For sure I'd buy a book or two on older Camaros. They will tell you about the options ec.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try to find a RUST/BONDO free Camaro.
My opinion, that would be the #1 rule.
"I" stay away from dealers...if you buy a car from a private person, you can get a better deal.
Black69 hit it on the head...be patient....Learn as much as you can about 1st generation Camaros.
If you have any questions about a Camaro, post it on this site, you will get great replies.
GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I got lucky and found mine pretty cheap. It was a good solid driver. When I bought it, the body was in the shape that it is in on my website. Feel free to check it out. www.geocities.com/boodlefoof

·
Registered
407 Posts
I want to second the "no rust" comment above. If a car is rusty at all, pass. Thsi sounds crazy, but when you go to look at a car, skip the paint, the motor, the interior and go directly under the car and look at the frame, the floors and the quarter panels, now look outside at the quarters again, the lower doors and the lower front fenders. If you do not see any rust, now check out the paint interior and motor. Good luck and post any questions you have. The people on this site are the best you will find for help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my most recent '68 about 7 months ago. It is straight and completely rust free with new quarters, trunk and floors done right. Perfect red paint too.

It's a non-matching 350, 4 speed, runs and drives great. Paid $ 9,000.00 which I think is an OK deal in this neck of the woods.

Dave

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know of a guy down here in Texas that has a nearly rust free 69 that he is selling for 5 grand. It has a 350 and a turbo 350 tranny that runs very good and very strong. It has 4.56 gears with a posi unit in the rear. The body was stripped of paint and completely repainted. It does need some little stuff here and there but overall is a very nice car. I would buy the car but I already have tooooooooooo many toys. 9 to be exact.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts