Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out last week that i will become a father for the first time, in october. I am proud of that, but i figured if i was gonna have any more toys i better go ahead and get it! What i got is a 71 pontiac lemans sport. (I got the car free) I am not sure of what gear is under it, but it is a 12 bolt. I had a 350 bored .40 it has a fordged scat crank and stock legth eagle fordged rods. I have a set of 89 model 350 throttle bodie heads, performer intake. The cam is comp 272 (i think). The pistons are fordged flat tops. I have a 2500 ptc converter. And it is all bolted to a 350 trans. These were all spare parts i had lying around. If anyone could give a hp guess, that would help and how you think it will perform. Thank you for the help.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
what cc are the heads? I cant find this cam at comp, got lift/dur numbers?(- they can be approx.) No valve relief in pistons right? Ill calculate closer if you get me some more info...ballpark 340-350 flywheel. Personally, I think the convertor is too much....but do not let me discourage you from where you are at! You have a nice sounding car Ill bet. Some ppl like a loose conv, I dont.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well as for the cc of the i am not sure. I had them from when i was in mechanic school. We had to have some heads to practice cutting valves on and i pulled them off of a blazer i had blowed up. I am just worried that the heads are gona kill it. The cam may be a 260 or 262, i am not completly sure of it. I have had the cam a while and just cant remember excatly. But it is in that range i know. As for the converter i have a monte carlo and it is pretty heavy and when i built it i put a tight converter in it. When i put a looser one it, it seemed so much stronger. So I am hoping that i will have the same result. The piston have 4 valve releifs, I just forgot to put that in my first statement. Maybe this will help you give me a better idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts