Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a console in it, and it's been bugging me for year's that the console only has 2 slot's for the front belt's.I just wanted to know if there is any place to put the other 2 seat belt's beside's being tucked down in between the seat's.

------------------
NOTHING LIKE A 69 !!!!!

[This message has been edited by Pat's 69's (edited 03-29-2001).]

·
Super Moderator
33,175 Posts
The console space is for the seat belt buckles. The seat belt tongue has a recoil and stores in its own housing.

The shoulder belt tongues get folded and held by two clips (per side) on the edge of the headliner above your head. The shoulder belt buckles are short enough they may be supported in the upright position on their own, but there is an extra set of receptacles for the buckles on the outside of the console for storage, at least on my 68 Custom console. Otherwise, drape them over the console door.

Everett 68/350/PG/11.90/115mph

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think that may be a difference from 68 to 69. My 69 console only has places for two buckles. Pat I understand your frustration, but so far the best place I've found to store them is between the seats.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,362 Posts
Same problem here. I'm also often annoyed by the fact that lap belts are over the console lid when properly stored in their slots. Seems like I'm always running to the car to get something out of the console and having to wrestle with the belts. Oh well, I must not have anything better to complain about.

This must be a good day.

------------------
Robert

'69 getting better every day... (every pay day)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts