Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I just ran accross a 69 SS/RS 350 car, it is my color Daytona Yellow with Yellow Houndstooth interior. It has A/C Power windows, Tilt, Black vinle top, ralleys with new tires, console but no gauges. The body looks pretty clean and the paint is old but fair. the interior is pretty nice the top of the rear seat is faded but not torn. The car has the Protect O Plate. It has a target master 350 in the car but the original motor goes with the car all for 10 grand.
What do you think should I buy it? Truthfully I dont really have the cash laying around but I could always borrow from the bank. Any advice?
Thanks, Nick

------------------
69 Z/28 X77 D80 81000 original miles,DZ 302, M-21, BU 373 Rear End, ZL-2 Ducted Hood, Daytona Yellow, Black Deluxe, Tilt, Factory AM/FM, Console Gauges.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
target masters are mexican made crate motors. If it has the heads from the crate motor on it look under the valve covers. it'll say Mexico in large letters. they're casted poorly, and in stock form pushing a small 180-190HP. whats wrong with the original engine?
My brother has one is his vette that the old owner replaced the original engine with, the cam we pulled from it had a whiped lobe, could have been from the factory like that, or from casting being poor. Personally i'd run from any target masters, but if it runs good and includes another engine i cant say that it's a bad deal.
hows the suspension, any rust underneith?

·
Registered
725 Posts
With that color combination and those options it sounds like a fair deal. Of course by the time it's finished you'll have a nice chunk of change in it. If you can afford it and want it go for it. I wish I could afford it. I would absolutely love a Camaro like that. I need to sell my Mustang so I can have some old car cash.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
1,296 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a rule of thumb for my toys:

If I cant afford to pay cash for it, I can't afford it.

Your mileage may vary.

Scott.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I have made 2 atempts to buy this car unfortunatly I have had no luck. I think the owner is having second thought about selling the car. The bad thing is the car is three hours away from me and its getting a little frustrating driving all that way each time and comming home with an empty trailer. I do know that the heads for the so called original motor are incorrect. I have yet to see the original block, he says its burried in his shed and he hasnt had time to dig it out. You would think when he knew I was comming with cash and a trailer he would make time, but Im starting to think this deal wont happen. I guess time will tell. I will keep you all up to date.
Nick

------------------
69 Z/28 X77 D80 81000 original miles,DZ 302, M-21, BU 373 Rear End, ZL-2 Ducted Hood, Daytona Yellow, Black Deluxe, Tilt, Factory AM/FM, Console Gauges.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts