Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 is in rough shape... I need to replace the floors, trunk, rockers, and frame rails... I know I can fix it but, is it worth it? I'm from Canada and I'm not sure if its worth fixing or buying a near rust free shell from down south...

·
Registered
142 Posts
In my experience, Canadian cars that require those parts, have alot more rust hidden in seams and other not easily accessible places so you may only have identified a portion of the repairs required. So is it worth repairing, the questions that come to mind to decide on this are, Does the car have sentimental attachments? Do you really like undertaking this much work? Is there something special about this car, eg. Z-28 or an SS? Otherwise a search for southern metal is the preferred route. I have seen nice project cars in North Carolina, very reasonably priced. As well, there are Canadian "locator" companies that will find what you want and bring it to your doorstep.
You should check out the Canadian Old Autos magazine, these types of services are found there.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I would steer anyone! away from a rusty project. Rust is the worst battle you can fight in restoring an old car in my opinion. It takes a long time to fix, it's really expensive and many times, the problem is back in 3-5 years. Find a good rust free car and save the headaches and money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts