Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
The term originated from the hawaiians when cars started showing up in the islands. The fish like the ahi (ahi meaning fire for the way the ropes would burn from friction when they hit the line) are so big and fast over here. The local hawaiians devised a rating system for their new found methid of landing fish. The process of hooking a line to the bumper and hitting the gas hasn't changed but the styles of cars had. There have been major improvements if cars that really hook over here.

My extra impression of a car hooking is the torque twisting the front end and the hooking the cars does to the left also from torque. I haven't had a problem with a slice from my car unless the rear fenders hiting the tires and slicing them counts.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
if you have a car magazine from a few years ago, look for the Flowmaster ad that shows the Chevelle launching with the wheels about 6 feet up in the air with the rear bumper scraping, and you can plainly see the Flowmaster mufflers underneath it, along with the whole bottom of the car. that is what i think of when i hear the term "hook".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts