Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at shocks for the front on my 68, has a 350 with auto. I am looking at shocks and I see prices from $35. to $309 each. All I am looking for is a good ride. I don't want to spend a fortune on just shocks. any ideas on a vendor and type? I have only looked at Rickscamaros so far.

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Hotchkis, which are Bilstein, if what I run out back. Soon I want to put them in the front.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'd also recommend the hotchkis or bilstein for good ride quality.

Whatever you do, do NOT buy KYBs (at least for the rear) -- they are very harsh. I replaced my KYBs with Hotchkis and ride quality is waaaaaaay better.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Monroe or KYB will be 1/4 to 1/2 the cost of the next nearest option I think, and based on your requirement they'd probably work well for you. As far as KYB goes, I really liked the way KYB Gas-a-just's worked up front on my 69 Camaro (350 like yours). They were not harsh and rode very nicely, well controlled. I agree they suck on the rear, way harsh. I couldn't believe how different the front rode vs the rear; it was drastic. But KYB GR2's on the rear are really nice; not Cadillac smooth, but not near as harsh as Gas-a-justs. People should be more careful when they say "KYB" because they do make a couple types of shocks. For the front of your car I bet the Monroe or either KYB would be a good choice, and if you don't like them and want to step up then you're not out a bunch of cash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts