Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Maybe someone can give me some input about headers and what to use in my Nova since it suppose to be the same front end as the 69 Camaro.
I have a 70 Nova SS that was originally a 396 and now has a 454. It has the following

Solid motor mounts
Power steering
4 speed.
When I purchased the car, it came with Hooker SUper comps (somewhat rusted) and I noticed that it had header wrap around one of the pipes near the steering column.
After pulling off the headers,we pulled off the wrap and found that it was dinged really bad.
I would like to buy new ones and have checked both Hooker (super comps) and Hedmans and both list that theirs will fit with power steering, 396 or 454 and 4 speed.
I would like to get ceramic coated, but am afraid that if I buy them (cost around $600 for coated) that they may not fit right.
Can anyone tell me if they have a 69 Camaro big block with Powersteering and what they used for headers AND what, if any, problems they ran into.
Many thanks
Bob

·
Registered
125 Posts
I used 2457 comps but have not installed them yet! I basically got free in a trade for some old parts. They were new but had been "MASSAGED"
by him because he had SBC frame mounts, that's probably what happened to your set also :( BB frame mounts lower and move eng. over to passenger side for valve cover and headder clearance.
P.S I got a guy at the muffler shop to cut out the dents and replace it with a new section for $55

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cottonpicker

get the hooker supercomp 2111-1 ceramic coated from summit for $539.00 plus free earl big block gaskets. the #5 cylinder you are wondering about, the supercomp comes out and goes back over the steering box and then down to the collector. the comp headers dont. that is as long as your car was an original BB :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts