Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good aftermarket oil pan for a SBC going in a 67 Camaro that will fit without issues. High capacity / windage equipped is my preference. Want to hear from guys who have them in their 67's. Thanks

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Milodon makes good stuff. I run the first one on this page, "Low Profile Design" and their windage tray. Scroll down and take a look at the "Street Performance" one...has built in windage tray. Holds five quarts which might be below what you're looking for though.
http://www.milodon.com/oil-pans/street-oil-pans-sbchevy.asp

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I have a red Moroso 7 qt low profile pan in my 69. I bought my pan because Moroso also made a oil pump with a pickup welded to it that fits this pan. I think Jegs sold it as a kit. I don't have the windage tray. My friend has the same style Moroso pan with a windage tray in his 67. Neither of us have any fitment issues. Only thing I would say is to strip the paint they put on it and redo it with a better quality paint. Not sure how Moroso prepped the pan for paint, but I could sneeze on it and paint would fall off.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Milodon 31167. I have that pan in my 68 and it fits great and is a really good pan. Kind of expensive but a very good pan.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Check out Champ oil pans, excellent fit and finish, used one on my 327. Part#CP60LT. It has a 6" trap door, crank scraper, removable windage tray. 8" deep and holds 8 quarts with filter.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Canton makes a nice pan, i have one and it fits good and looks good.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Canton, Milodon, Moroso, Steff's all make great oil pans. The thing to be sure of is that you get a matching oil pump pick up, or an aftermarket oil pump with the pick-up in the base of the pump (competition styled billet oil pumps that are really pricey) to match the pan. Oil control is only an issue at higher RPM's; but it is an issue above 5,200 RPM that will cost you horsepower.

Every aftermarket pan I have seen from the above was internally baffled to keep oil in the sump and covering the pick-up. With kick-outs they will work well on the street or in road racing without additional oil control scrapers. With a roller cam you actually need oil being thrown around as the roller bearings in the tappets and the piston pins are splash lubricated so a really tight oil control system can cause issues with reliability.

Larger Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts