Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing the sooner the better, but I'm wondering what is a safe time between when you prime a motor with a modified dist shaft and when you acutally get the dist back in and everything ready to fire. When will the priming go back to as though you didn't do it????

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
I don't think it matters , if I am understanding your question, just as long as you have primed pump and system. Are you thinking of a drain back issue? Once the oil pump is loaded with oil or gotten all air out, I feel you are good to go just as long as you have primed it prior to start up. Prolly about the same situation as a motor that sets over night?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
333 Posts
I was always taught that you should prime the motor as close to operating oil presure as possible then fire the engine. I agree that the pump wont bleed down but the rest of the system will. A portion of your engine wear comes from starting your vehicle after it sits and the few seconds it takes to reach operating presure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.