Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what was the correct stripe that was put on a 1968 camaro rally sport, also what where the original style tires. Where they red lines or not? Thanks for any help. Andy

·
Registered
715 Posts
Mine has a black bumble bee stripe and the rockers and bottom of the doors are black under the rally sport moulding.

------------------
68 RS, Ash Gold,pwr windows,Hounds tooth,355/T350,Autometer guage pod

·
Registered
283 Posts
I like the post too. The black under the rocker moulding was on most RS cars that were light colors right? Since my knowledge of more correct Camaros has grown I also don't want the Z28 stripes. I was thinking of the 68 stripe that goes over the front valance and hack down the doors. I don't know what the original tires would've been. Good luck ~ John

LOL - When I signed up I thought this was such a unique screeb name! haha...now I've noticed Joe68rs and Andy68rs. Pretty funny

------------------
1968 RS, 355/4spd/12 blt w/3.55's.www.camarogenerations.com

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
John, if you want your car to be as original as possible, regarding the stripes you mentioned, then you might want to order the ones that are painted in the valance and front part of fenders and glued in the rear portion of fenders and doors. Took a little patience with the stripes and stencils but the end result is nice, just use a piece of the glued stripe ( normally you may need to cut a piece of each side) and a paint shop can make the matching paint. To Andy, bumble bee or the one mentioned above will look perfect on your RS.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tries red line, white line or black walls take your pick you could get them all. The stape down the side is SS only. The bubble bee was on some RS cars.

TIM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts