Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds so ignorant, but I'm restoring a '68 Convertible and it's my first time, so: I'm looking for the linkage that goes from the frame to the transmission for a Turbo 350(don't know what it's called)and also the piece that actually bolts onto the tranmission. I would like to buy these parts but don't know how to refer to them.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Retired
26,644 Posts
The only thing I can think of that goes from the frame to trans. is the reverse lockout. It also goes from the frame to the steering column...

...Dennis

Z

·
0 Posts
Could it be the shifter linkage? cross-member? You said it’s a TH350 auto, correct? Is it a floor shift or column shift? Can you tell us a little more?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's not a reverse lock-out because it's an automatic. It's an automatic on the column.

·
Retired
26,644 Posts
Automatics have lockout linkage!! It triggers the ignition so the car won't start in gear!! Help us help you! A crossmember connects the tail end of the trans to the frame rails. It's just to the rear of the trans pan... I wouldn't refer to a crossmember as linkage though.

The transmission has a shift lever on the driver side when it's in the car. It moves back and forth. Is this where the linkage you need is connected?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DjD: Thanks so much for helping me (!). Yes, that's the spot. I think there should be something that goes from that spot to the linkage up front (like a rod or something).

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
It sounds like you need the shift linkage from the end of the steering column to the transmission. Only problem is that they never put a T-350 in a 68 from the factory.

But there is a company that makes conversion shifter plates for the horse shoe shifter, they may have what you need or you may have to adapt some from a 69 or later car.

------------------
TONY
67 CAMARO R/S CLONE, 355/turbo 350, 200hp NOS,12 bolt,etc...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are too much -- too much! I can't thank you enough for the info. I have another window open on my computer right now and am ordering a "Vari Angle Shift Arm".

Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts