Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash is completely disassembles and all of the harness is labelled. I am getting ready to remove my fusbox tomorrow and I am curious what I am going to run into once I remove those two bolts. Any surprises or tricks?
When I replace my harness I would like to stay stock pretty much except for possible HEI in the future? Suggestions?

·
Registered
955 Posts
You need to go under the hood and remove the bolt in the center of the junction block. There are two halves to the under hood wiring harness. Once you remove the bolt, you can unplug the harnesses and then remove the machine screws that hold the fuse box to the firewall. If you are planning to install an HEI, you need to remove the resistor wire for the coil and replace it with a 12 AWG wire. The resistor wire will not power the HEI. The ideal time to do this is when you are installing the new harness. You can remove the wire and clip from the harness and replace the wire. Good Luck

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
The fuse block is attached to the back of the firewall bulkhead connector. Once you get the screws out, as 69X11 stated, you'll see the fuse block is held to the connector by two plasic clips at opposite corners. Just above the fuse block is a connector for the rear body harness. Everything else should be pretty obvious. Piece of cake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts