Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not recieve any windlace with my "complete" weatherstrip kit.. and I am confused
as to whether or not I need it; or, for that matter, where it goes or what it does...Can anyone help ??

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The windlace is the vertical strip along the back of the doorjamb. It does not act as a seal. It protects the occupants from banging into the sharp edges and secures the vinyl from the front edge of the rear side panels.

The reproduction versions are just plain stinky.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Carl, do you have any suggestion as to where to get this that is not stinky?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I'd suggest a good used one. Even if it is the wrong color you can use an adhesion promotor and dye to get the correct color. The repros are too thick, the upper attachment tabs don't stay on, the shape is wrong, the texture is funny, and they are a pain to get the fitment correct. Besides that, they're great.

------------------
Click here to see see my car and hear 5-speeds. http://www.geocities.com/casanoc

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks Carl, I gues I am not alone. I paid a way too much for my repro windlaces on my '67 and I couldn't even shut the door without rubbing the paint off. I thought my door might be adjusted badly, but they do seem real thick.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi guys I bought these rock hard poor replacements and I couldn't close my doors. So I finally got mad last fall and decided to close the doors hard and let them get used to the new windlace over the winter. Well nowI have to windlaces with the metal tabs at the top ripped right out. They are so hard that after just a few attempted door closures the paint was rubbed off. Now i'm back to my torn old ugly originals but at least I can close my doors......

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ah another nice story about repro stuff. Lousy companies shouldn't get away with it no matter what their excuses are. Truly pathetic. Dan, if you have the originals use them no matter what the condition, at least they will fit and not cause other headaches. Besides the fact the repros are expensive for what you are actually getting. I'm pretty bitter when it comes to repro companies making millions for terrible products but if you ask me they should be held responsible for the paint rubbing off and have to pay for the repairs need to the car that used their awful products, especially when the companies know the stuff they carry is crap. Even if the Camaro vendor isn't the ones who make the stuff but only sell it they must know the stuff they carry is crap and if they cared they could stop carrying the bad repros then maybe the manufacturers would do something about it. Its the manufacturers fault for making it so bad, vendors fault for carrying it and our fault for buying the crap. Thanks for letting me vent, I'm having a bad day and if my car doesn't run great on the way home from work today I'm burning it. Stupid little things are really getting to me this week

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vent away, at least somebody else is having a bad week too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts