Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Derrick Ward the owner of What it is Body and Paint was recently dianosed with cancer, His friends are sponsering a benefit carshow at the Sierra Pt Yacht club in Brisbane, Calif. Althou the odds are stacked against him, his spirits are high and we are pulling for him....Derrick painted my car as well as many others in the Hotrod world, including several national show winners. His paint shop is well known in the Bay Area.....If you have some time, please attend and enjoy the day...He is the best and would love to meet you all...Mike:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Benefit Luncheon/Car Show

For Derrick Ward of "What It Is Body and Paint"

Sierra Pt Yacht Club
500 Sierra Pt Parkway
Brisbane (650)583-6975

Saturday, March 31, 2007 From 10Am to 3 Pm

$20.00 Per Person (or more if you like) includes lunch , children under 13 Free . All Proceeds Go Directly To Derrick And His Family . There will also be a silent auction. If you cannot make the Benefit and would like to make a donation, you can send it to Luncheon Benefit at 428 Almanor Ave. S.S.F., Ca. 94080 make checks payable to: Derrick Ward.

Directions:
101 South take Sierra Point Parkway Exit (it is a few exits before Oyster point exit) and continue down the frontage road along the freeway all the way out to the water the show will be to your right of the yacht club
101 North take Sierra Point Exit (it is two exits before Oyster point exit) at the stop sign make a right and continue to the water, the show will be to your right

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a bump to get it to the top. This is shaping up to be a pretty nice show, and for a worthly cause. Derrick is only 52 years young, and was diagnosed with panreatic cancer.....the outlook is grim... :sad: Just a month or so ago he was working at his shop and enjoying life like all the rest of us, strange how things happen so fast. I will be out there and hope some of you might stop in and say hello....Mike:)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
i know derrick.
i met him through some nova freinds........about ten years ago i wanted hime to paint my car........good guy!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great show today, weather was perfect....about 70 and no wind off of the bay....:thumbsup: About 300 cars and 500 people attended. Below is the link of the show pictures. About 17k was raised for Derrick and his fight against cancer...We wish him luck and our prayers are with him...:)

http://ggsmu.com/DerrickWard/2007.html

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thought I would post pictures of my buddy Mike's 69Z... 2nd owner mostly all orginal except one repaint...never takes it out, thats why its so dusty...;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A few more pictures of some of the camaros at the show, including a X77 Z Prostreet setup with a 571 BB under a GM fiberglass 2 inch cowl hood...(He blew the 302 back in 1973...its long gone)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
he was a good guy!!!

no.... he still is a good guy!!!

and will always be.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts