Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of hood I have? I bought it with this hood but do not know the manufacturer of the hood. Any details would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its just an aftermarket snorkel hood. You can get them anywhere fiberglass parts are sold.

Kev

do you have a link of where i can find one at? im trying to find the same thing to replace the one i have with before I paint the whole car. Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't find anything exactly like it. It may be a fiberglass hood with a custom scoop. Try this link as they may be able to help.
http://www.up22.com/camaro67.htm#CA-141

Kev

It doesnt look too custom on the underside of my hood. It's just a one piece mold from what I can tell....reason I dont want to use the one on the car is because it has bowed down and lost it's curveture over time. plus the edges are splintering from having flown off 10 feet in the air after forgetting to put the hood pins in....lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Front fenders are 67 also!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fender on one side is a 67 fender as is the grille lol. That's what happens when you get in an accident.... lol. I bought a 68 grille as well as the lamps from Classic Industries. As for the fenders...I think I will probably just have them fill in the 68 side and keep it side markerless up front......now if I just had a few grand sitting around for body and paint that would be nice....

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
That hood scoop design is identical to something that the Baldwin Motion Camaro had on it in 1970. Maybe you can research into that a little bit.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I doubt anyone makes these anymore. Those hood scoops went out of fashion in the 80's replaced mostly by the tall cowl induction hoods

·
Premium Member
11,170 Posts
Old Moroso / Harwood , very old. Could be the old company A&A,, dont see these any more, prehistoric. Went out of style along with plaid stretch slacks with Rollban gold #10 chains. But in style with those Cragers and hi back Cuda seats.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Look at the 70 in this thread. http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?p=767459#post767459 That hood looks alot like it. I don't know if that's a motion hood or not on the 70. If they offered the same thing in 69? Maybe they offered it for first gens after the the 70 hoods took off and were popular. The thing looks so close to that hood and if by some wierd intance it is a baldwin hood I would bet it's worth some coin.

Joe

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I like it. Personally, I would try & fix that one & leave it on the car. :)
You may find something similar, but I doubt you would find one EXACTLY like it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts