Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to put a BB in my conv. I plan on building it up as much as possible w/ alum heads & big cubes but realize the level of performance may be limited by the valve cover / stock booster interferance.

The stock booster must stay.

So does anyone know what rocker / stud & lock setup will fit with the old chrome or painted flat valve covers , either that or is there a "known" lift limit for using whatever rockers & locks that'll fit under the old covers ?

Or is there a little taller cover that'll still clear the booster but allow a better rocker setup ?

The objective is 500ci or over , gobs of tire meltin' power , driveability in town & highway and stock appearance with my existing Vintage Air.

Thanx !

RS

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I've seen somewhere B.B. valve covers available with a "cut out" or sort of indentation so that they clear the booster. I'm sure someone here could tell you more.
T.P.Donaghy.

------------------
http:community.webshots.com/user/tpd67

[This message has been edited by T.P.DONAGHY (edited 09-02-2002).]

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
could you sneak in a smaller diameter brake booster? to those "in the know" it wouldn't look "right", but to joe public, it wouldn't be out of place. or you could go with manual brakes, and get rid of the problem that way. properly set up, they will do an admirable job of stopping a car.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16X8" IROC wheels. 12" Corvette brakes on the way.
see pics here http://community.webshots.com/user/novaderrik

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, but no.

As I said, the original booster must stay.

I'm already compromising originality with the Vin.Air.....(even though I re-engineered it so the only thing visible is the compressor, stock blower box in tact, no hoses visible)
.....and radial tires, I'm even doing without a nice stereo because there's no where to hide it (yes, I know about Custom Auto Sound) and I want the original AM-FM in it's hole.

Now with my vision of slipping a BB in would be my 3rd stray from orginiality, much more of this and I won't be able to live with myself.....so no, the original Delco booster stays come Hell or high water. That was the point of the whole post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.