Team Camaro Tech banner

What mounts are you running

790 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dubs68camaro 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I am stuck between running Poly or rubber motor and Tranny mounts. I am running poly bushing and don't know if the motor and tranny will be to harsh a ride. Any input ??????? going to drive the car no track for this one thanks
I replaced all engine mounts,body mounts ,sway bar,transmission mount and front end bushings with stock rubber replacments. The car rides like new for 5 years since I changed them all. I have no expierence with poly bushings etc but understand that they give a stiff/harsh ride.

Kev

#3 ·
This is just an opinion.....

If you have a mild motor, you wont feel the difference in rubber vs poly. A big cam will transfer through the mounts into the car with poly (which I like), but not like solid mounts. If it's not much of a monster, just run the rubber. The BBC's can have monster torque, so I like a tough mount. It will probably take some time for the "new" rubber to start to get weak. If you are going for total comfort, then run the rubber. If there is some horsepower under the hood, run the poly and "feel" the power..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.