Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lift in the shop to use, but at home these race ramps I bought a couple weeks ago are pretty handy, my neighbor borrowed them this morning to change the filter/trans pan on his BMW. He said he was glad I spent the money. Lol

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are nice. Looks like it gets a lowered car's oil pan 12" or so in the air? My newest tool was 4 jacks stands, two lead weights, a couple pieces of conduit and fishing line to align my car. Alas, no pictures.
They’re 10” lift, so my oil pan is about 15” in the air.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
My new Mechammer planishing hammer. Haven’t done a lot with it so far but the tipping dies worked great.

Don
1D2FB246-E440-4FAB-A578-5ACD438915B6.jpeg

Reactions: srode

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My new Mechammer planishing hammer. Haven’t done a lot with it so far but the tipping dies worked great.

Don
View attachment 272001
I’d love to play with one of those. My thumbs would probably be hamburger tho. Lol.
I visited Waldens Speed shop in LA, they had an awesome shop with vintage metal fab equipment. I would love to experiment and learn something with that equipment. Waldens also puts on metal working classes.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
The newest tool would have to be the transmission jack from HF. It can do the things I use to be able to.
I now am in search of a lift dealer in the 209 or 916 area code. Any recommended brands?
Wanting a 2 post

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,317 Posts
I'm doing a lot of wiring, and two "tools" that I recently picked up have been great to use. Nothing big and fancy like you guys above LOL.

DYMO-Labeler-00.jpg IMG_7556.JPG IMG_7557.JPG

This little DYMO labeler is great because in addition to regular labels, it prints shrink tubes in two sizes. So cool to know exactly which wire is what. Will be a great help to whomever owns this car down the road. The 2nd/3rd pix show the dual-post Jegs Junction Block I'm using to create a "Hot" post and a 12v Switched post (using a relay).

Mini-heatgun-00.jpg

I have a bigger, heavy duty heat gun that has a tendency to melt everything if your not careful. This one is a little smaller, its perfect for the labeled shrink tubes, love the little plug on shield that cooks the entire shrink tube.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Just bought heat gun like yours. I like the tube attachment.
Brett....

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,317 Posts
New addition to the garage... not a tool, just entertainment. I had a 37" Vizio that crapped out on me a few months ago, it was working on RCA inputs but all 3 of the HDMI ports were dead. Put it down in the basement and got a new 43" set for the MBR, and eventually did some research on the Vizio. Found that one of the four PCBs inside might be the culprit, luckily found a electronics outfit on eBay that had a pulled board that was fully checked out. Cost me $30 shipped and I got 1 year warranty on the board. This set has a great 1080p picture and front-firing speakers but its not a Smart TV so I rigged it with a ChromeCast TV gadget (I'm a cable cutter) and got it all set up today. YouTubeTV lets me stream/dvr MotorTrend or whatever, and of course all the news, weather and sports.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
New addition to the garage... not a tool, just entertainment. I had a 37" Vizio that crapped out on me a few months ago, it was working on RCA inputs but all 3 of the HDMI ports were dead. Put it down in the basement and got a new 43" set for the MBR, and eventually did some research on the Vizio. Found that one of the four PCBs inside might be the culprit, luckily found a electronics outfit on eBay that had a pulled board that was fully checked out. Cost me $30 shipped and I got 1 year warranty on the board. This set has a great 1080p picture and front-firing speakers but its not a Smart TV so I rigged it with a ChromeCast TV gadget (I'm a cable cutter) and got it all set up today. YouTubeTV lets me stream/dvr MotorTrend or whatever, and of course all the news, weather and sports.

View attachment 272523

View attachment 272524
That’s cool. I’ve hooked my garage tv to a basic $400-500. PC so now we can look at all kinds of car stuff, research instructions/How to’s, videos, shopping and just background noise while wrenching, also hooks to my holley efi tunning software ..
invaluable garage asset.. .👍🏻

·
Premium Member
1969 Camaro Restomod
1,317 Posts
That’s cool. I’ve hooked my garage tv to a basic $400-500. PC so now we can look at all kinds of car stuff, research instructions/How to’s, videos, shopping and just background noise while wrenching, also hooks to my holley efi tunning software ..
invaluable garage asset.. .👍🏻
Yup... look under the TV I have a wired TP Link wifi booster, and on my bench I keep my old MacBookPro. Its only 13" but it gives me instant access to the internet at decent enough speeds to search and read and watch YouTube videos. And if I know the video, I can flip on the TV and change over to the YouTube App and watch the video on the"big" screen as well. There's also a 8-Port Gig Switch in the garage so if I want to hardwire the MBP I can do that, but having it untethered means I can put it on the air cleaner or the seat or in the trunk or... maybe even under the car LOL. I haven't done that yet, but its better than the iPad.

Mike

1 - 20 of 49 Posts