Team Camaro Tech banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm always laying a towel or something on my fender or radiator to set tools or parts on while working or tuning my car,
I bought one of these silicone mats, it's pretty handy.

Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone is interested, I just discovered them myself.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have a few different shop drop lights, and different magnetic base flashlights I've used under the hood,
But this one is by far the best one I've used, it's a spring loaded mount so it only takes one hand to mount to the hood, the light rotates forward and back and come out of the mount if needed.

also mounds inside the car through the open windows.
It puts out great light without moving it around all the time like I had to with my drop light.

I had Summit price match a sale at Home Depot for $149.. If you don't already have M12 tools it's a little more since you need the battery and charger.

I use the M12 stubby 1/2" impact gun, along with the 1/4" and 3/8" fuel ratchets, so I'm already vested in the M12 line.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
I have a bunch of Moog labeled stuff that the auto parts store gave me for my shop. Signes , bar stools, and a under hood light like you posted. It works well, and the foam that touches the hood is very soft. For those that have not tried one of these lights don't know what they are missing.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
DSC_0007 (2).JPG

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The cordless tools have almost made the pnumatic stuff absolute. We use the 20v DeWalt impact at work a lot !

Even the smaller 12volt stuff packs a pretty good punch to back off 100lbs/ft wheel lugs.
Die grinders, ratchets, impacts, soldering iron, heat gun, small air compressor to change a few PSI at the track, grease gun......

All my 20volt stuff is DeWalt,
the 12volt is all Milwaukee fuel.

Happy with both.

·
Premium Member
3,137 Posts
Huge time savers.

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Beer fridge
I installed a mini split HVAC in my garage as my first covid lock down project,
Now I rarely have to buy beer for the garage fridge, since my buddy's are always in my garage now, they bring the beer.
My a/c is probably almost paid for with the beer I don't have to buy.

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,348 Posts
I installed a mini split HVAC in my garage as my first covid lock down project,
Now I rarely have to buy beer for the garage fridge, since my buddy's are always in my garage now, they bring the beer.
My a/c is probably almost paid for with the beer I don't have to buy.
That's the Field of Dreams effect - well done!

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
Picked up this nice old Pexto slip roll. No money left for beer, I spent it all on tools and car parts… :)

Don
D74D5B0F-E5D2-4436-AABE-6D37580BBB90.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That’s cool,
I’ve been trying to find a reason to buy a press brake at work, and spot welder.
I could make storage boxes :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Milwaukee M-12 replacement charger and battery, spilled a bottle of water on my charger and now it's doesn't work... lol

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The latest tool purchase was a DeWalt gyroscopic screwdriver.

And a cool blue storage bottle.

And a nice Neppros 1/4" ratchet that came in a fancy box.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Engine oil pump/system priming tool. Corvair reworked distributor made into tool for same purpose would not work on SBC.

To date, I had to buy or make more unique tools for the Corvair than the Camaro.

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
Woodward Fab shrinker stretcher.
3663BD59-F7F4-47D0-BD6A-3BD4E0A91C1E.jpeg

Don

·
Premium Member
5,435 Posts
21 - 40 of 49 Posts